Thursday, October 14, 2010

more lidded vessels!

after doing the majority of the work on my family project that i made a series of lidded vessels for i think that i enjoy them and i would like to refine my forms and work a little bit more with them. essentially i want to combine my vase forms from last year, and adapt them a little bit so that they flow with a lid on. i was thinking something along the lines of this. and i really enjoy the colors of this pot, i'd like to see if i can get some glazes like this

2 comments:

  1. I feel like with a little bit of glaze testing, this look would be easily achievable at cone 6. I would also recommend using the sprayer to apply glazes to get a nice even gradation as you show in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.raybub.com/site/glazes.html

    I thought this was a concise collection of colors close to the temp we fire at.

    ReplyDelete