Friday, October 29, 2010

cups and family project

i have finished with the greenware stage of my family project as of nearly two weeks ago, i have been waiting for them to dry and for a chance to toss them into the kiln. Also i have been throwing cups and those are nearly all dry now. I have to get those fired, but i enjoy working on my cup forms because they are fun, quick, and rewarding, and its not the end of the world if one of them breaks. anyways i was talking with jack and i think one thing that im going to try to do on most of my cups from now on is to leave the throw lines because its a neat and simple texture that shows style. heres some pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the pieces in the first picture. They are very interesting and their shape pulls the viewer in. The lid really makes me want to look inside. I think they have a lot of character and a great architectural element. I would keep experimenting with that. Good work!

    ReplyDelete