Friday, September 17, 2010

art retreat reflection

This year the art retreat was pretty cool. I really enjoyed the guest artist and her style of work! She made unique things with a flair of her own, and i enjoyed created things in her style. I may actually explore her style in the future and even perhaps put some pieces based off her work in my portfolio. I had a little more trouble with the Andy Goldsworthy porject this year than i did last year. I ended up making a sphere based sculpture out of sticks with a hole in it at the base of a tree. here's a picture:
This was my first attempt at this form and i think it was fairly successful. It really boggled me to see how much work went into the creation of these. After i photographed this piece i tore it down and attempted to create a better piece of the same style. unfortunately right now i dont have any pictures of that uploaded, but i will put one on my blog by next week. I was rushed on time to finish the second one, but i think it turned out better than the first. In the end it was a good experience and i would gladly do it again. The art retreat was a great way to kick off AP 3d this year and i'm really excited for the class and for creating a portfolio even better than last years.

1 comment:

  1. i wish you had used more sticks so that the center of the piece was alot darker...but i still really like the idea

    ReplyDelete